- All World Standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US ), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698 (AUSTRALIA) & SG (JAPAN) SAFETY AND TESTING STANDARDS. does not ship with sai or sg certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country.
- Injection molded Polycarbonate Shell for strength and durability
- Recessed Twin Channel Supervent™ with industry leading intake and exhaust ports for increased cooling.
- Fog-Free Icon Optics™ shield with Prolock™ shield locking system
- Adjustable chin and forehead venting system maintains continual temperature for increased comfort in any riding situation.
- Rapid Release™ Shield Change System
- Removable molded breath deflector helps prevent fogging
- Fully removable washable HydraDry™ Moisture Wicking Interior
- Easy adjust ergo vent switch for superior or air flow control.
- Available in four shell sizes with an Icon exclusive long oval headform for ultimate fit and comfort.
Include your question or comments below.
We will reply as soon as possible.
Is the Airmada supposed to vent better than the Airframe?Each ICON Helmet is built on the lessons learned from previous ICON Helmets. The Airframe has excellent venting at both high and low speeds, as does the Airmada. The Airmada does feature an additional centrally located forehead vent to increase low speed venting.
I currently wear an Alliance SS and am in the market for a new helmet. The Alliance fits great but I cant fit right in an Airframe. Which is the Airmada shaped closer to?The Airmada will fit closer to an Alliance SS compared to an Airframe. The Airmada features a long oval headroom and a greater number of shell molds, which provides improved fit across the entire size spectrum.
What is the total weight of the helmet?
Depends on size. 2XS-S is 1530 grams, M is 1550 grams, L is 1620 grams, XL-3XL is 1650 grams.
Can the Icon airmada be used in kart racing and will it meet the standerds for protection
It may, but please consult with your karting leagues rules before purchasing the helmet.
Which helmet is an all around better helmet, the Icon Alliance or the Icon Airmada? This will be my first Icon helmet, so I'm not really clear on the differences between the two.Both helmets are excellent choices, but your decision depends on your fit and design preferences. The Airmada is our latest helmete and features a more aggressive fit with lessons learned from the Alliance to increase ventilation. However, the Alliance is one of our most popular helmets for first time buyers. You really can't go wrong with either. That's why we recommend trying both on at a physical retailer before purchasing.
Is there ample space for mounting a Cardo Scala G9 headset in the check pads on the Airmada?Yes, the Cardo Scala G9 should fit within the cheekpads of the Airmada.